All the students of this college will come under the proctorial system which envisages a personal and intimate
relationship between teachers and students. The proctors will act as parent substitutes during the academic hours in the life of the students in college. A proctor will be in charge of not more than 20-25 students of a particular class. The proctor is the father confessor and the students must confess the details of their
strengths and weaknesses to the proctor, who in turn, will try to alleviate their sorrows, grievances or complaints through advice or by proper guidance.
Duties of the Proctor :
1. To meet the students assigned to him in his proctorial group every fortnight irrespective of the period
2. To keep a record of all the details about a student’s life, habits and aspirations.
3. To watch and guide the academic performances of the students of his proctorial group individually.
4. To visit, if possible, the homes or hostels of the students in his group from time to time.
5. To write from time to time to the parents of the students in his proctorial group about the student’s academic
progress, social dealings and achievements or otherwise.
6. To report all cases of indiscipline among the students of his assigned group to the Chief Proctor, who if he
so likes, may take the matter to the Principal.
7. To recommend the cases of Scholarship / Rly concession / Bus concession / Leave of absence /Free-studentship and anything a student wishes to communicate to the authority.
8. To sign all conduct certificates and send them to the
Principal for counter signature