SCHOLARSHIPS, PRIZES & AWARDS
The following scholarships are available to the students who
are studying in U.N. (Auto/Jr.) College of Sc & Tech., Adaspur,
a) National Scholarship – NSs are awarded to poor and meritoriousstudents by Govt. of India, through Directorate of Higher
Education, Odisha. Selection is be made on the basis of theirperformance in C.H.S.E examinations.
b) Post-Matric Scholarship (PMS)
This scholarship is awarded by the T.R.W department, Govt.of Odisha, through the Sub-Collector of respective Divisionsonly to SC, ST, OBC, SEBC and Minority Community students.Students belonging to these categories can log on “PRERANA”to download the application forms and information details to apply online for such scholarships.
c) Banishree Scholarship for Physically Handicapped (PH) students :
Scholarship for physically handicapped students is provided by the Social Welfare Department of the State Govt.
d) Sanskrit Merit Scholarship
The Scholarship is provided by Govt. of India to students through the Director of Higher Education, to promote education in Sanskrit language and literature.
The students of U.N. (Auto/Jr) College of Sc & Tech., Adaspur with exceptional qualities are awarded with following prizes, medals and shield annually.
1. Prof. R.P. DAS AWARD: Contributed by the Late Smt. Binapani Sahoo, Ex- HOD of Logic and Philosophy in 1990, it is awarded
annually to the best student securing the highest marks in Annual Council of Higher Secondary Examinations in College for Arts, Science and Commerce taken as a whole.
2. Prof. D.P. DAS AWARD : The fund was created in 2000 by the Late Smt. Binapani Sahoo. It is awarded to the topper in Degree
Hons Examinations of Arts, Science and Commerce taken as a whole.
3. DR. BRUSHAKETU MOHANTY RUNNING SHIELD :
Instituted in 1998 by Dr. Brushaketu Mohanty, Acting President,Governing Body, it is awarded annually to the student who obtains the highest marks in +2 I yr. Science College Annual Examinations.
6. KALA SHREE AWARD : It has been funded by the Arts Society since 1992. This is the most prestigious award of the Arts Society given away annually to the best Arts student securing the highest marks in Annual CHSE examinations of Arts in the
7. DR. PURNANANDA PRADHAN MERIT RUNNING SHIELD: Donated by Dr. Prasanta Kumar Pradhan, Lecturer in History,
in memory of his father, Dr. Purnananda Pradhan, it is awarded annually to the student securing the highest marks in +3 Il University Examinations for Arts.
8. MRS. BIJAYA LAXMI BHUYAN MEMORIAL PRIZE :It is funded by Mrs. Mily Bhuyan, HOD of Education in memory
of her beloved mother Late Smt Bijay Laxmi Bhuyan. It is awarded annually to a student of the college presenting the best “KABITA” (Poem).
9. CHAKRADHARA MEMORIAL AWARD : Funded by the Faculty of Commerce in memory of former caretaker of college campus the Late Chakradhar Routray, it is awarded annually to the topper in +2 I year commerce Annual College Examinations.
10. RAGHUNATH SAHOO MEMORIAL AWARD :Donated by Mrs. Kuntala Kumari Sahoo W/O Late Raghunath Sahoo in his memory to honour the topper commerce student of the college in the Annual Council Examinations.
11. BHRAMARABARA SAHITYA PURASKARA :Donated by Sri Niranjan Behera, Clerk-cum-Typist of this college in memory of his father to honour the best student of the college securing the highest marks in M.I.L. (Odia).
12. VANIJYA SAURAVA AWARD :Funded by Commerce Society in 2004 to honour the topper in +3 Il Yr. Commerce University examinations at the College level.
13. PROF. SADASIV MISHRA MEMORIAL MERIT AWARD:Funded by Economics Deptt. of the college in 2003 in memory
of Prof. Sadasiv Mishra, the Father of Odishan Economics, it is awarded annually to the topper in Economics Honours having obtained 1 st Class Honours in the Final Degree Exams in the College.
14. PRACHI SANGEET PURASKAR :It is funded by Mrs. Mily Bhuyan, HOD of Education in the memory of her beloved mother Late Bijay Laxmi Bhuyan. It is awarded annually to the best student of the college in the Inter Society Music Competition. The Motto of this award is to promote love for music among the students.
15. HENERY DUNANT MEMORIAL HUMANITYAWARD:Awarded to the best volunteer of the Youth Red Cross for his/
her excellent Service. It was created by the prize money of 5000 vide draft No. 708133 dt. 20.08.05 for State Level Award
for 2004-05 on Youth Red Cross Activities by the Governor of Orissa. The Motto of this award is to create good volunteers.
17. ASHALATA MEMORIAL CLUB:-Funded by Dr. Lulumina Dash in memory of her beloved mother Late Mrs. Ashalata Dash to the best Sports women of the College. The motto of the Award is to promote interest in sports of women students of the college.
18. SHARADA MEMORIAL CUP:Funded by Sri Aradhya Kumar Pradhan in memory of his father Sri Sarada Kumar Pradhan to the best sports personality among men students of the college.
19. ANNAPURNA MOHAPATRA AWARD:Instituted by Sri Prakash Chandra Mohapatra in memory of his mother, it is awarded to the student securing the highest marks in the Annual HS Exams. in Science.