Rules and Regulation
COLLEGE RULES AND DISCIPLINE
- After taking admission in the College a student has to sign an undertaking to the effect that the student will abide by the rules and discipline of the college.
- Each student must register in the college office, his permanent as well & his locals address The name of the father and or the guardian as reflected in the High School Certificate must be mentioned without fail. A student from another state, seeking admission to the college, must produce a domicile certificate from competent authorities not below the rank of Tahasildar
- Cycles must be padlocked and put in the cycle sheds. They should not be parked on the college verandahs and the corridors.
- All written applications should be deposited in the box meant for this purpose or handed over to the Head Clark who will place them before the Principal; The principal does not receive applications from the students directly.
- All students who wish to obtain leave of absence from the college must apply to the Proctor for the leave before they actually absent themselves. In special cases like illness where it is not possible to obtain leave in advance, an application for grant of leave should be : – (a) sent by post, (b) submitted immediately after return to the college
- Students of the college should not be members of by outside athletic club or any other type of club or society or play for any team other than the college team without prior permission of the Principal in writing
- When a team of students is deputed; by the college away from Adaspur for any reason, members of the team and students accompanying the team, must obtain leave of absence from the Principal before their departure from Adaspur. : Boarders in the team must also obtain permission from the Superintendent of the hostel.
- All students of the College are advised to carry their valid identity cards with them and produce their Identity Cards when so demanded.
- Students are advised to contact the counters for various kinds of official transaction. They should not ordinarily enter into the college office
- The students may met the Principal and other officers working on his behalf Written recommendations from the proctors should be obtained for the purpose.
- The students are advised to attend classes regularly and secure required percentage of attendance. If a student secures attendance less than the irreducible minimum, he/she will be detained.
- Each student is required to attend 75% of classes in each subject.
- The students are advised to pay their college dues and hostel dues regularly as per the notice issued from time to time.
- Students have to attend general classes, tutorial and practical classes .
THE FOLLOWING WILL CONSTITUTE BREACH OF DISCIPLINE:
- Spitting on the walls floors, pillars or doors of the college is strictly prohibited;
- Students are forbidden from loitering in the corridors when they have no classes to attend. The may remain either in the library or in the common room or in the seminar room or study centre.
- Answering the calls of nature is strictly prohibited at places other than the urinals and lavatories meant for the purpose and the lawns. They should not pluck flowers from the gardens.
- Students are prohibited from walking on the grass of the quadrangle.
- Students are warned not to tamper with the electric bulbs, fans and the switch-boards .
- Misbehavior of students, at any time, with the students’ teachers, employees, and visitors to the campus will be severely dealt with.
- Scribbling, pasting placards and other papers and disfiguring college walls are strictly prohibited. Any student disfiguring the walls shall be punished.
- Any student who remains absent in all the months & Terminal Examinations will be detained.
- Students should invariably stand in a queue while waiting near the college counters for depositing their tuition fees or for any other purpose.
- Students are advised to meet the Principal only during the prescribed hours of interview. They should not ordinarily enter the office without prior permission of their proctors.
- No club or society should be started or maintained in the college and no function should be organized without the approval of the Principal.
- Students guilty of eve teasing will be severely dealt with.
- Students should not ride or take cycles on the verandahs, corridors or the lawns or the college.
- Possession / use of drugs, alcohol or peddling of drugs in the campus/ hostel is strictly forbidden.
- Any unruly behavior in buses /blocking the traffic, traveling on footboards of buses /or any kind of annoyance to the public will result in immediate withdrawal of student travel concessions and if necessary with-holding of scholarships and may lead to expulsion from the college /hostel.
- Inviting /meeting strangers or unauthorized persons insider the college campus without any valid reason or permission from the Principal is prohibited.
- Malpractices in any form is strictly prohibited to every corner of the state of Orissa. It imparts a high standard of teaching to its pupils. Academic excellence is the motto of a galaxy of highly qualified and experienced teachers of the college.
To fulfill the growing demands of the people, under graduate classes were opened in Arts in 1991, science in 1992 and commerce in 1993. Honours teaching facilities were introduced in Economics Political Science, History and Oriya in 1996, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Botany and Zoology in 1998, Accounting & Management in 2002, English and Education in 2003 and Psychology and Sanskrit in 2004. The institution has expanded in all possible directions providing teaching facilities in Arts, Commerce, Science and Information technology. At present the college provides honours teaching in 15 subjects, and enjoy a unique position in the education history of the Orissa. The examination system of he college is absolutely free from examinational malpractices. Our system is free, fair and transparent with an inbuild system which acclaimed for its total freedom from unfair means. The college has at present 2 NCC units, 4 NSS unit, 1 Rover Unit, 1 Ranger Unit, and 1 YRC unit to promote extra curricular activities for the Youth.